Sunday, October 7, 2012

Inky Halloween fun

I have been having such fun attending classes at Country Lane lately. I've now taken 4 classes, all with the amazing Debi, and I so wish there were more I could fit in. The latest class was Halloween Fun and I'm just thrilled with how each turned out. Debi teaches techniques, not card kits, so even though we had her examples to work from, every card in the class turned out a bit different.

These first 2 cards involved creating our own backgrounds using distress inks and stamps. I still can't believe these started as blank white pieces of paper! I particularly love the second card with the 3D tree and creepy bunny. The main stamps are Stampotique and the background stamps are mostly Tim Holtz. The images are coloured with Copic markers. I'm not sure who makes the die cuts for the tree and fence - if I come across them in my travels I'll add later. I love the technique for the first card where we covered the initial stamps (the tree & fence) with masking medium and then created the background. Once the background was finished, I just rubbed off the masking medium - sure easier than trying to cut out these detailed stamps!

This card was incredibly simple. It started with a napkin (yes, a napkin) which we then embellished. I chose to colour the pumpkin eyes/mouths and add a popped-up/cut out head from a Stampotique stamp. Once home I also added a couple layers of black grass using a Martha Stewart border punch. Ever since this class, I've been looking at napkins with a whole different eye!
 And this last project is a fun tag that started with a sprayed background (Dylusions ink) that we then built up for interest. I chose spiderweb and spider stamps along with a Stampotique girl (stamped separately, cut out and glued) and a Tim Holtz apothecary label.
So, aren't these some fun techniques and cards? I've already used the ink background idea for a card I'm making for my niece. And did I mention that I've been noticing napkins a lot more lately? If you like any of these ideas then drop by Debi's blog - she promises to post pictures and instructions!

Challenges:
Catered Crop - Halloween
Corrosive Challenges - Monsters & villians
No Matter Which Challenges - Halloween colours
That Craft Place - Make your own background
Crafty Calendar - All things spooky
Forever Night - Anything but a card
Moving Along With the Times - In the dark
Craft Room Challenge - Alter it (I altered the napkin)
Partytime Tuesdays - Frightfully scary

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects, you have been busy, not sure which is my favourite though. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at NMW Challenges. Good luck Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! amazing creations, fabulous work. Thank you for joining in with our make your own background Challenge over at That Craft Place. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What briljantly made cards and tag, thanks for joining us at NMWC and good luck, Hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Love all the projects, you have certainly worked hard at the classes. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun cards, all different but all brilliant! you have been busy.
    thanks for joining us at MAWTT
    Hugs mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the backgrounds you've created for your halloween scenes. :) Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are incredible!!! Excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the cards are wonderful. Fabulous designs. I like the colors and those images are so cute. Also love the CAS style design like Plastic card which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete